Principle 4 : Gain of Loss (Labdha Pranasam लब्धप्रणाशम्)
- Story 1 : The Crocodile and The Monkey
- Story 2 : The Greedy Cobra and The King Of Frogs
- Story 3 : The Lion and The Foolish Donkey
- Story 4 : The Story of The Potter
- Story 5 : A Three-in-One Story
- Story 6 : The Carpenter’s Wife
- Story 7 : The Price of Indiscretion
- Story 8 : The Jackal’s Strategy
Vishnu Sarma, the author of Panchatantra and the teacher of the Three Prince who had taken the task of teaching them practical knowledge within 6 months, started his forth Principle of Panchatantra with the following verse.
“He overcomes all problems, Who does not lose his cool
Even in the face of adversity, Like the monkey in the water.”
Thus he starts telling his students the story of the Crocodile and the Monkey.