#DailyBookQuote : 12th December 2013
– Anne Bronte (January 17, 1820 – May 28, 1849)
– Anne Bronte’s The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Gilbert Markham is deeply intrigued by Helen Graham, a beautiful and secretive young widow who has moved into nearby Wildfell Hall with her young son. He is quick to offer Helen his friendship, but when her reclusive behavior becomes the subject of local gossip and speculation, Gilbert begins to wonder whether his trust in her has been misplaced. It is only when she allows Gilbert to read her diary that the truth is revealed and the shocking details of her past. Told with great immediacy, combined with wit and irony, The Tenant of Wildfell Hall is a powerfully story.
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Emily Bronte* (authoramy.com)
- “The Model Mother” in Punch and The Tenant of Wildfell Hall (dickenstoeliot.wordpress.com)
- Emily Brönte (thebooksiloved.wordpress.com)