Justice has been done, at last, it seems…
They killed their teenage daughter, it was evident from the very beginning – despite their charades and attempts to spin the public perception with support from friendly media personalities and use of money and contact in high places.
Probably we would never know the true reasons, circumstances and the manner in which they carried out this ghastly act. I do not think that should have any bearing on their guilt either. They did it, the logic and circumstances of the even indicated it. And if it has been accepted by the court of law then they deserve the highest punishment for this crime. More so for trying to mislead the law enforcing authorities and public in general.
The courts have pronounced Dr. Rajesh Talwar and Dr. Nupur Talwar guilty of brutally killikng Aarushi, their own daughter and their domestic help Hemraj. They not only killed Aarushi and Hemraj, and tried to destroy the evidence of their crime but also tried to fake it as a case of murder of the young girl by the domestic help. They tempered with the evidence, mislead the police and investigation authorities, manipulated the postmortem analysis with the help of their doctor fraternity friends and relatives, gave selective interviews to the friendly media personalities to gain public sympathy. At times, it appeared as if they are getting away with the murder and like so many high profile crimes in India where the rich and famous never get punished, these guys will also get-away.
Lets hope the punishment that the Judges will announce tomorrow are in line with the ghastly crime this couple committed against humanity, they are the worst examples of parenthood. Let us also home that the criminal justice system in India gets its act together sooner rather than later and swift punishments are meted out to those who commit crimes.
I sincerely hope that Mr. Tarun Tejpal, the owner and editor of that filthy rag Tehalka also gets punished for sexually assaulting own employee, it looks like an open an shut case with his own admission of guilt via an email to his office. The problem with people who think they are too smart, too powerful and too good for others is that they start taking everything and everybody for granted. Mr. Tejpal thought that he would be able to quietly buy his way out of the mess her created with the help of his powerful friends. Little did he knew that sooner or later, we all have to face the consequences of our action. Society must shun people like him, his partner in trying to cover up this crime Ms. Shoma a.k.a. Suparana Chaudhary and also those coming in to defend these criminals – the so called celebrities like Mr. Javed Akthar who was the first one to came defending the assaulter, I am sure there are skeletons waiting in their cupboards, ready to tumble out, which makes them fear the truth.
- Aarushi-Hemraj Double Murder Case : Sequence of Events
- Nov, 25, 2013: Talwar couple convicted by a special CBI court in Ghaziabad.
- Oct 10, 2013: Final arguments begin.
- Jun 11, 2012: Trial starts before Special Judge S Lal.
- Jan 6, 2012: The apex court dismisses Talwar’s plea and allows the trial to proceed.
- Mar 19, 2011: The couple approaches the Supreme court which stays the trial against them.
- Mar 18, 2011: HC dismisses their plea to quash summons and orders initiation of proceedings against them.
- Feb 21, 2011: Couple approaches the Allahabad High Court for quashing trial court summons.
- Feb 9, 2011: Court takes cognizance of CBI report, charges Aarushi’s parents with murder and destruction of evidence.
- Jan 25, 2011 : Rajesh Talwar attacked in the Ghaziabad court premises.
- Dec 29, 2011: CBI submits closure report. Clean chit to servants but points fingers at parents.
- Jan 5, 2010: CBI moves court to conduct narco test on Talwar couple.
- July 12, 2008: Rajesh Talwar freed on bail from Dasna Jail in Ghaziabad.
- July 3, 2008: The Supreme Court rejects a PIL which challenged the conduct of narco-analysis test on the accused.
- June 26, 2008: CBI declares the case to be a “blind case”. Rajesh Talwar refused bail by the special magistrate in Ghaziabad.
- June 25, 2008: Second lie detection test conducted on Nupur Talwar. Her first lie detection test was found inconclusive.
- June 20, 2008: Lie detection test of Rajesh Talwar conducted at CFSL, Delhi.
- June 13, 2008: Domestic help of Rajesh Talwar, Krishna, arrested by CBI.
- June 1, 2008: CBI takes over the probe in the case.
- May 23, 2008: Rajesh Talwar arrested for the twin murders.
- May 22, 2008: Family under suspicion, probe begins on honor killing angle, the police quiz Aarushi’s close friend whom she spoke to 688 times in the 45 days preceding her murder.
- May 21, 2008: The Delhi police joins murder probe.
- May 19, 2008: Talwar’s former Nepali domestic help Vishnu Sharma named as suspect.
- May 18, 2008: Police say murders done with surgical precision, insider job suspected.
- May 17, 2008: Hemraj’s body found on the terrace of Talwar’s residence.
- May 16, 2008: Aarushi Talwar found dead with her throat slit in the bedroom of her home in Noida. Domestic help Hemraj, a Nepali, suspected of murder. Aarushi Talwar and Hemraj
- Justice and accountability (morfadulas.com)