#DailyBookQuote : 28th October 2013
– Norman Maclean (January 23, 1902 – August 02, 1990)
– Norman Maclean’s A River Runs Through It
Norman Maclean’s memories about growing up in Montana revolve around mighty trout rivers and the four-count rhythm of fly fishing. It is the one activity where his family can bridge troubled relationships, where brother can connect with brother and father with son. And in the end, it is the river that makes them realize that life continues and all things are related. The strong reading of Ivan Doig, Montana native and author of This House of Sky, adds much flavor to this tender, often very funny, and beautiful story about love and loss. A tale not to be missed and to be revisited frequently.
- A River Runs Through It (jm42832.wordpress.com)
- A River Runs Through It (manicmovies.wordpress.com)
- Norman Maclean Nonfiction Award (aerieinternational.wordpress.com)
- Young Men and Fire: From Montana to Arizona (thebookshopper.typepad.com)