#DailyBookQuote : 24th May 2013
– Herman Melville (Aug 1, 1819 – Sep 28, 1891)
– Herman Melville’s Moby Dick
Over a century and a half after its publication, Moby-Dick still stands as an indisputable literary classic. It is the story of an eerily compelling madman pursuing an unholy war against a creature as vast and dangerous and unknowable as the sea itself. But more than just a novel of adventure, more than an encyclopedia of whaling lore and legend, Moby-Dick is a haunting, mesmerizing, and important social commentary populated with several of the most unforgettable and enduring characters in literature. Written with wonderfully redemptive humor, Moby-Dick is a profound and timeless inquiry into character, faith, and the nature of perception.
- Tupac’s Book List – ‘Moby Dick’ (go-gettermedia.com)
- Moby Dick Analysis (ndgovschool2013.wordpress.com)
- Sophia’s #CBR5 Review #34: Moby Dick by Herman Melville (cannonballread5.wordpress.com)
- KEY FACTS of Moby Dick (cinthiatanner2.wordpress.com)