#DailyBookQuote : 21st May 2013
– Charles Dickens (Feb 7, 1812 – Jun 9, 1870)
– Charles Dicken’s A Tale of Two Cities
After eighteen years as a political prisoner in the Bastille, the ageing Doctor Manette is finally released and reunited with his daughter in England. There the lives of two very different men, Charles Darnay, an exiled French aristocrat, and Sydney Carton, a disreputable but brilliant English lawyer, become enmeshed through their love for Lucie Manette. From the tranquil roads of London, they are drawn against their will to the vengeful, bloodstained streets of Paris at the height of the Reign of Terror, and they soon fall under the lethal shadow of La Guillotine.
- “A Tale of Two Cities” – Charles Dickens (nathalienikel.com)
- Famous Dickens Characters (famous101.com)
- It was the best of books, it was the worst of books… (By Jen) (thebooketlisters.wordpress.com)