#DailyBookQuote : 23rd April 2013
– Rabindra Nath Tagore (May 7, 1861 – Aug 7, 1941)
– Rabindra Nath Tagore’s Gitanjali
“Gitanjali,” or Song Offerings, is a collection of poems translated by the author, Rabindranath Tagore, from the original Bengali. This collection won the Nobel prize for Tagore in 1913. This volume includes the original introduction by William Butler Yeats that accompanied the 1911 English language version. It’s is a collection of over 100 inspirational poems by the poet who is considered to be the India‘s greatest poet of 20th Century.
- Favorite Bengali Poem “আমার এ গান ছেড়েছে তার” By Rabindranath Tagore. (nojal.wordpress.com)
- Gitanjali (dbestreview.com)
- The aurora of Rabindranath Tagore (marylinelafleur.wordpress.com)
- The Sunset of the Century: Rabindranath Tagore (kafila.org)