#DailyBookQuote : 22nd April 2013
– George Orwell (June 25, 1903 – Jan 25, 1950)
– George Orwell’s Animal Farm
Orwell was born in India (Motihari, Bihar) his two books 1984 and Animal Farm, put together have been sold more than two books of any other twentieth century writer. Tired of their servitude to man, a group of farm animals revolt and establish their own society, only to be betrayed into worse servitude by their leaders, the pigs, whose slogan becomes: “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” Published in 1945, this powerful satire of the Russian Revolution under Stalin remains as vivid and relevant today as it was on its first publication.
- Animal Farm – An allegorical way to the truth. (licsergioromo.wordpress.com)
- ‘Animal Farm’: What Orwell Really Meant (nybooks.com)
- Animal Farm by George Orwell (iboughtyoubooks.wordpress.com)