#DailyBookQuote : 30th March 2013
– Robert M. Pirsig (September 6, 1928)
- Robert Pirsig’s Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
Arguably one of the most profoundly important essays ever written on the nature and significance of “quality” and definitely a necessary anodyne to the consequences of a modern world pathologically obsessed with quantity. Although set as a story of a cross-country trip on a motorcycle by a father and son, it is more nearly a journey through 2,000 years of Western philosophy. For some people, this has been a truly life-changing book.
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (ratsandpharmacists.wordpress.com)
- Notes on Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (danielnester.com)
- Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance (thebwbuzz.wordpress.com)