#DailyBookQuote : 19th March 2013
– Mark Twain ‘Samuel Langhorne Clemens’ (Nov 30, 1835 – Apr 21, 1910)
- Mark Twain’s The Adventure of Tom Sawyer
From the famous episodes of the whitewashed fence and the ordeal in the cave to the trial of Injun Joe, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer is redolent of life in the Mississippi River towns in which Twain spent his own youth. A somber undercurrent flows through the high humor and unabashed nostalgia of the novel, however, for beneath the innocence of childhood lie the inequities of adult reality—base emotions and superstitions, murder and revenge, starvation and slavery.
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (David Head) (curatingchildhood.wordpress.com)
- The Lonely Ghost of Mark Twain Cave (mysteriousuniverse.org)
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, by Mark Twain – 8/10 Stars (readerscornerblog.wordpress.com)