Aruna – Rising of the Sun : Himalayas, Uttarakhand
The secluded hill-top place we stayed in Pithoragarh faced north, and covered by Aok & Pine tree forest all around. But like all hill station, there was a particular spot to see the rising sun in all its glory. Was told that the Nanda Devi peaks shine brilliantly and the view is worth the effort of a 3 km trek early in the morning, to see the sun coming up from behind the mountains from that specific spot.
And I managed to get up early while it was still dark outside and it was really freezing over there in the mountains. Though there was no snowfall during the time we were there, everything outdoor was covered by a thin layer of icy crystals.
- India joined with Asia 10 million years later than previously thought (phys.org)
- Himalayas Photography by Eric Valli (emorfes.com)
- First Ray of Light (Mount Kamet) by Jassi Oberai (500px.com)
- 5 Best Treks in Uttarakhand (rltgo.wordpress.com)
- ‘Godhuli’ ‘Dusk’ – The Beauty of Setting Sun in Himalayas : Uttarakhand (bhuwanchand.wordpress.com)
- Snow-capped paradise: Beautiful scenes as Uttarakhand gets a winter blanket (dailymail.co.uk)