I have to confess that both Abha and me are die-hard lover of Himalayas, Kabir is becoming one and hopefully Meera too would come her fear of motion sickness in the mountains one day. The beauty of Himalayan mountain is something which never fails to ignite excitement in me. Maybe I am biased because my ancestors are from this region. But it drives a similar enthusiasm in Abha and to some extent Meera and Kabir who are not biased at all and are totally neutral and brutally honest in expressing their views.
As soon as we got the first glimpse of it, we all fell in love with Ram Ganga river at Thal. Even a relatively well traveled person in Kumaon like myself got the surprise of a lifetime during our last trip to mountain. And it was a very pleasant and positive surprise. I never thought it would be so beautiful before setting foot in the Pithoragarh region of Kumoan in Uttarakhand. It left me totally breathless and even now, three months later, when I see those picture it just takes me back to the same place and time and I feel the same numbness of the mind against the vastness and depth of nature and its creations.
I am not sure how much justice I have done through these photographs, the beauty of these places can only be truly experienced by being there.
- Aruna – Rising of the sun : Himalayas, Uttarakhand (bhuwanchand.wordpress.com)
- ‘Godhuli’ ‘Dusk’ – The Beauty of Setting Sun in Himalayas : Uttarakhand (bhuwanchand.wordpress.com)
- Morning in the Mountains : Uttarakhand (Pithoragarh, Kumaon) (bhuwanchand.wordpress.com)
- Jageshwar- City Divine (trevaluttarakhand.wordpress.com)
- India Morning Report: Here it is, the day of the bounce back (awardz.wordpress.com)
- The calm and peaceful Naukuchiatal : Uttarakhand (bhuwanchand.wordpress.com)
- Rendezvous With Himalayas (indiaheritagehub.org)
- Nanda Devi Mountains The Pride of Uttarakhand (nandadevimountainsresort.wordpress.com)